Monday, October 29, 2012

60 Days of Salad - Day 9

Getting into the swing of things - and actually enjoying salads!!  I still wouldn't pick a salad if there was a better option on the table, but maybe by Day 60 I will?

Chicken and Cucumber Salad:


150g chicken breast, sliced thinly
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
1/8 tsp paprika
2 slices wholemeal lavash/mountain bread
1 cucumber (200g) sliced thinly
1 green capsicum (175g) sliced thinly
2 medium tomatoes
1/2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh dill
1/2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh oregano
30ml white wine vinegar
1 tsp white sugar

1. Combine chicken, garlic, juice, oregano and paprika in bowl.
2. Heat grill and toast both sides of bread and break into large pieces.
3. Make salad of cucumber, capsicum, tomatoes, dill, oregano, vinegar and sugar.
4. Cook chicken and add to salad with bread.


I think I might need to work on my presentation skills - I literally threw this salad together and it shows....

No comments:

Post a Comment